Thursday, September 24, 2009

I just finished reading The Slave and I'm still struck on how powerful this book was. I know we are supposed to look at our readings strictly from a literature stand point, but as a reader it is impossible to not be overwhelmed with emotion as you watch Jacob go through all the trials and sufferings that he encounters in his life. His incredible love for Wanda and his battle to remain faithful to a God that does not have all the answers, and lets the unjust rule while the meek and humble suffer are personal struggles that may start out as minor problems, but soon create havoc and pain to him and the ones who love him. Trying to place myself in his position I know i would not have been as strong as him, and even though he is a fictional character his moral fiber is impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment