Thursday, December 3, 2009

I have not been the most faithful blogger, but listening to today's presentations I was surprised by how many people have been affected by this class. The overwhelming theme of choice for the papers was "What I learned and how it has changed me." Like many of the presenters I was not well versed in the scripture, and this class has opened my eyes. Like the idea of the parabola, I began with this class thinking that I knew much about the bible and its inner workings. As I read on and listened to discussions, I became somewhat bitter. I was more faithful than I put on, and I felt a little attacked. This is when in hit the bottom or curved part of the parabola. I have since then began to appreciate the bible and have started back on the upward curve. I realize now that the bible is full of great stories, and has been a base for many great pieces of literature. I appreciate what it has brought to me and my culture, and I no longer feel betrayed by it. In the end this is still one of the most powerful books in my life becasue of its foundation in has layed on my civilization

No comments:

Post a Comment